Yoga, the ultimate solution to every health problem that disrupts your life.
You must have heard that people are adopting this practice all over the world.
The reason behind the popularity is the plethora of benefits that are associated with yoga.
Increased flexibility, improved respiration, energy and vitality, a balanced metabolism, cardio and circulatory health and better sleep
Can yoga really help with the sleep deprivation and the problems associated?
Kapalbhati Pranayama is a practice in yoga that can help you overcome any problems that you face while sleeping and will help you in amplifying the quality of your sleep.
What is Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati Pranayama is a pranayama that consists of short, aggressive exhales and passive inhales.
It is a word derived from the world of Sanskrit, where ‘Kapal’ means ‘forehead’ and ‘Bhati’ means ‘shining’.
The main aim of the exercise is to cleanse our minds
It is one of the prime yogic breath control exercises.
How can Kapalbhati Pranayama help in sleep?
Kapalbhati Pranayama has many benefits when it comes to the human body and relaxation is one of them.
The elimination of negativity and increase in oxygen intake helps improve sleep
The major reason behind the lack of sleep is distortions and the thoughts that roam around in your brain being devoid of the calm that one required to have a good night’s sleep.
Kapalbhati helps in uplifting and calming your mind.
All the negative thoughts that flow ceaselessly will be stopped.
The regular intake of oxygen and exhalation of carbon dioxide smoothens the air flow and relaxes our mind.
Once we are relaxed, we tend to have a better sleep.
Practicing Kapalbhati on a regular basis will help you relax and improve your sleep gradually
How to perform Kapalbhati Pranayama?
- You have to sit up straight to begin with. Straight means fully erect with an aligned spine.
- You have to do it empty stomach.
- Place your hands on the knees with palms open
- Try Inhaling, that is taking a deep breath in
- Exhale the inhaled air as you pull your stomach.
- Don’t put much pressure, do it as per your convenience
- Take 15-20 breaths to complete with one round
- Focus on the air while exhaling.
Some other Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama:
- Improved blood circulation
- Added radiance to the skin. Responsible for the face glow
- Improvement in digestive tract functioning
- Stress relief
- Cured Skin Problems
- Refreshes and recharges with pranic energy
- Reduction in weight
- Strengthens muscles of abdomen
- Improved digestion
Precautions to take while practicing kapalbhati
- Do not practice it empty stomach
- Heart patients should keep the pace in mind while doing it
- Do not do it without vigilance of an instructor
- Asthma and bronchitis should refrain from practicing it.
We have now seen how Kapalbhati Pranayama improves sleep and has many other tangible benefits on the body. There are precautions that one should take before practicing it so as to avoid the ill-effects of the same.