Back pain is very common nowadays. Due to poor lifestyle and other major factors leads to back pain problem to the huge majority of people.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is based on a lot of crucial factors, the following are the causes which lead to back pain:
- Muscle or ligament strain
- Bulging or ruptured disks
- Accidents and Injuries
- Cancer or tumor in the spine
- Kidney infection or kidney stones
- Bending awkwardly or for long periods
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying something
- Standing or sitting for long periods
- Skeletal irregularities
- Straining the neck
- Sleep disorders
- Bad mattress
Prevention of Back Pain
- Drink a lot of water: Drinking plenty of water enhances the height of intervertebral disks, keeping them the healthy shock absorbers they are.
- Posture while sitting: When sitting, try to keep your knees and hips level and keep your feet flat on the floor, or use a footstool. You should ideally be able to sit upright with support in the small of your back. If you are using a keyboard, make sure your elbows are at right-angles and that your forearms are horizontal.
- Lifting Objects: When you lift heavy objects, use your legs to do the lifting, rather than your back. Never try to straighten your legs before lifting heavy objects because it will lead to excessive pressure on your back.
- Regular Exercise: Doing regular exercise helps us build strength and makes our bones and muscles stronger. Doing 20-30 minutes of exercises every single day leads to the strengthening of the backbone and leads to back pain prevention.
- Poor Body Posture: Make sure you have a good body posture. If you have a poor body posture then try improving it by keeping your legs straight and your head in line with your spine.
- Quit Smoking: Almost every smoker faces back pain issues and its numbers are way higher than the non-smokers of the same age, height, and weight.
- Maintain Bodyweight: The heavier people are more prone to back pain and have a high risk of developing frequent back pain.
- Never try to lift and twist at the same time: If something is particularly heavy, never try to pick it all alone and while you are lifting avoid looking up or down and try to look straight ahead. So that your spine is in a straight line and leads to back pain prevention.
- Balanced Diet: Make sure you follow a balanced and nutrient-rich diet which should include enough calcium and vitamin D as these are responsible for maintaining good bone health. A healthy and balanced diet is responsible for back pain prevention.
- Try to move things instead of picking it up: It is better and easier for you and your spine to push things across the floor, using your leg strength instead of pulling them.
- Driving: It is very much important to have proper back support while driving. If you are going on a long journey don’t avoid breaks. We even suggest you take plenty of brakes in between the journey and walk around for a little in these brakes.
- Sleep sideways: Try to avoid sleeping on your back as it causes back pain. According to research, the best position for sleeping is on your sides.
- Get a good mattress: good mattress will provide you proper back support and comfort and will allow you to sleep properly without hurting your back.
These are all the main measures to be taken to prevent back pain.
If you are still having doubts regarding the topic let us know we will love to answer them.