In this blog, we will present you our guide on Orthopedic mattress vs. Memory foam mattress
Orthopedic mattress: Orthopedic mattresses are designed in such a way that it supports backbone, joint and rest of the body. These firm mattresses cater targeted support on certain parts of the body which nullifies the problems which people experience due to bad back or joint pain.
Orthopedic mattresses focus on disorders and deformities of the spine and joints and they are made up to relax such bodies. Those who are suffering from joint or spine problems or unbearable back pain should go for the orthopedic mattress.
Advantages of Orthopedic mattress
- No sinking feel.
- The orthopedic mattress supports your upper and lower back.
- The support layer of an orthopedic mattress should be firm. It could be made of high-density springs.
- Comfort layers are relatively less firm on the other hand. This helps in supporting your buttocks and shoulders.
Disadvantages of Orthopedic mattress
It is a bit bulky and at times gets tougher to move it from one place to another.
People who are used to sleeping on a soft mattress might feel it too firm.
Memory foam mattress: In the year 1970 when NASA took an initiative to launch the cushions for the astronauts somewhere proposal for the memory foam came to light. It is actually made from an amalgamation of various chemicals with polyurethane.
As we have covered all the major points regarding orthopedic mattress, now let us shift our focus to memory foam mattress in our guide of Orthopedic mattress vs. Memory foam mattress
Advantages of a Memory foam mattress
- Quick pain relief adapts to your body’s pressure points and diminishes the stress.
- The memory foam does not offer much motion to your body. Your movement or your partner’s movement will not affect your sleep
- The best thing about this mattress is that it comes with superb longevity.
- You can easily adjust to the shape of your body thus providing you with complete support to your spine plus your pressure points
- while buying memory foam, ensure to choose the best quality since it are made of several film cells that are used to promote density and comfortability.
Disadvantages of a memory foam mattress
- Gets too hot while asleep.
- A little expensive.
What mattress should you buy?
This basically depends on two main things
- Your individual sleeping desires
- Your budget
The cost of a mattress also depends on the brand and the materials used. If you have joint/back pain, an orthopedic mattress could be your best option. If you have allergies, consider memory foam. If you’re a light sleeper and easily disturbed by your partner, choose a memory foam mattress instead of an orthopedic mattress.
So this was our guide on Orthopedic mattress vs. Memory foam mattress. However, please note that this is general advice and may not apply to you. Everyone is different and has their individual needs and comfort requirements. This is why we are here for you, We present you with the best mattresses throughout India with high build quality and good lumbar and back support. We manufacture both Orthopedic and Memory foam mattress, you can also give them a look on them. Also, you can check our site for the best deals and offers related to mattress and their accessories.