Selecting the best mattress can be tricky and even cumbersome in a country like India, where quantity outshines quality as there are numerous options available in the market.
For selecting the best mattress in India, you should choose the mattress with the right comfort level, budget-friendliness, the apt firmness measure, warranty period, and much more. You will come across various sellers with deals that seem to be more than perfect but could be nothing more than a scam once realized as we don’t check all its bases and makes a decision without checking them.
5 most important things that one should be aware of while choosing the Best mattress in India.
- Warrant Period: Warranty is one of the most important things that one’s must consider while buying mattresses online. A good mattress will have a minimum of an 8-year full replacement or non-prorated warranty. As more will the warranty more beneficial and convenient that mattress is for you.
- Size: Almost every mattress is available in six standard sizes that are: Twin, Twin XL, Full/Double, Queen, and King. Some models also come in additional sizes like Full XL or Short Queen. They could also be available in sizes like ‘split’ Queen and King, which include two separate mattresses that can be pushed together or separated. You can select the size according to your requirements and needs.
- Firmness: Mattress firmness preferences are often based on two factors that are sleep position and sleeper weight. Those who sleep on their side prefer softer mattresses and others like back and stomach sleepers tend to feel most comfortable on ‘medium-firm’ or firmer mattresses. In terms of weight, lighter individuals may require softer mattresses in order to experience more conforming and pressure relief, heavier individuals, on the other hand, often need firmer mattresses to prevent excessive sinkage.
- The material used: Materials are also a very important factor. Go with the mattress which has not compromise with its quality. As the material of low quality will not last long and leads you to inconvenience. So also opt for the one which has high build quality.
Usually Following Five material types of mattresses are available in the market
- Innerspring: Steel coils support a comfort layer of Polyfoam.
- Foam: Either pure polyfoam or a combination of supportive polyfoam and memory foam
- Hybrid: 1 inch of memory foam for comfort and pocketed coils for support.
- Bonded: Hard mattress made of polyfoam – for the people who all love to sleep on a hard mattress.
- Latex: Latex or high-density polyfoam support core with a natural or synthetic latex comfort layer.
You can select the ideal mattress for yourself according to your wants.
Read consumer mattress reviews: Before buying a mattress, read some of the customer reviews. Try to read reviews of all type which are positive and critical unbiasedly as the more reviews you will read, the more clarity you will get regarding that product.
These are the 5 crucial points you should be wary of whilst picking the best memory foam mattress.