The best sleeping position is not the same for each and every person because every individual sleeps in a little different manner.
Every person is comfortable in sleeping in their sleeping position. But to find the best sleep, you should consider a lot of things apart from comfort.
Comfort is important but time after time our body gets older and alters. If we sleep on the best sleeping position, it will cause us to benefit in the long term and prevent us from body and back pain.
Different sleeping positions have different advantages and if you are facing pain and aches while sleeping, you need to alter your sleeping position in order to get rid of back and body pains.
As it will take time to adjust and training your body to sleep in a new position. Hopefully, it will improve your quality of sleep. But if this new position unable to give you good quality sleep then try to modify your new position a little bit to get the best results as possible.
Side effects of Sleep Deprivation
- Excessive yawning
- Weakens immune system
- Regular fatigue
- Increase the chances of respiratory diseases
- Depressed and tired mood all-day
- Tough remembering things
- Increase the risk of getting heart related problems
- High increase in appetite
- Affect hormone production
- Unable to properly concentrate
What are the worst and best sleeping positions?
- Back sleeping : Sleeping on your back is a good position for providing you proper back, neck and head support. If you want to avoid any type of lower back discomfort and stiffness, you should sleep with an extra pillow under your knees.
- Side sleeping: Side sleeping is one of the most popular sleeping position among people globally. For avoiding neck and shoulder pain use your pillow and mattress wisely. Try to keep your spine alignment straight for avoiding discomfort.
- Stomach sleeping: Stomach sleeping is one of the worst sleeping position because it puts extra stress on the upper half of your spine and also adds strains to your stomach muscles. Stomach sleeping makes you suffer from stiff neck and back pain by extending your lower back and head in one position for a long period of time.
The best mattress according to your sleeping position
A good mattress can solve almost all your sleep-related problems. You should always choose a mattress based on your requirements and needs based on your body weight and one of the most important sleeping position.
Following are the best mattress according to your sleeping position:
- Back sleepers: as we mentioned back sleeping puts your body in a neutral position and if your mattress is not giving you proper back support, then it might need a replacement.
Ideal mattresses for back sleepers are memory foam mattresses and natural latex mattresses.
- Side sleepers: Side sleepers need more support in their hips and shoulders and if your mattress is sagging then it needs instant replacement otherwise it will give you severe back pain.
The ideal mattress for side sleepers is a memory foam mattress.
- Stomach sleepers: as now we know stomach sleeping is the worst sleeping position because it puts your body in unnatural alignment.
Ideal mattresses for stomach sleepers are high quality of memory foam mattresses and hybrid mattresses.
According to a lot of researches, back sleeping is the best sleeping position. Side sleeping is good for people who are suffering from sleep apnea or snoring and in last if avoid sleeping on your back as it will only worsen your back and body pains.