Drinking Lemon Water Before Bed: Is It Healthy?
We all know that drinking water before sleeping is good for health. It not only clears your digestive system but has overall health benefits. There is one minor addition that can help you increase the health benefits to a great extent.
You might have guessed it from the title it is lemon. Lemon water can be very rich in vitamin C and hosts a large number of benefits such as
- Improves immune system
- Protects against cardiovascular and prenatal health problems
- Good for eyesight
- Improves skin
Lemon water is Vitamin C rich. In this blog we will cover – The benefits of drinking lemon water before bedtime, the possible side effects and the process to make super-efficient lemon water.
Lemon water helps in Weight loss
- You can easily lose weight by drinking the right amount of lemon water. Surprising right? Though lemon water cannot lose weight alone it can add the weight loss pretty well. This works due to the hot water breaking down the fat deposits of your body. Moreover lemon tends to improve the breaking down of fat deposition
- It helps you to sweat more. There are a lot of benefits of sweating such as cleansing of skin cells, removal of excess salt from the body and the skin cell, and finally aiding in weight loss.
Neutralization of acid in the stomach
- Lemon water is great for your health as it neutralizes the acid in your stomach. Stomach cancer is one of the major results of the acidic environment in your stomach.
- Lemon juice India outside environment is acidic in nature but once it is metabolized it becomes alkaline with a pH well above 7 full stop so outside the body the lemon juice might be acidic but once fully digested it is proven to be alkalizing.
- Warm lemon water also clears out unwanted toxins and have a positive impact on the digestive tract and the muscles of your stomach.
- One of the primary benefits of lemon water is that you will not have any constipation. Lemon water helps in body process by slowing the processing of food and balancing your insulin levels throughout the night. The nutrients are absorbed better and the excess can be discarded easily.
Read: Things to Avoid to Stay Healthy
No more cough/cold
- Lemons are known to be rich in vitamin C and it is well known that Vitamin C helps you to cure cough or cold.
You wake up with a good mood
- Lemon water is known to increase the energy levels in your body D and they are packed with negatively charged ions which in turn make you feel better.
How to make a power-packed glass of lemon water?
- Making a good glass of lemon water is not that difficult if you follow the following steps carefully you can easily make a refreshing glass of lemon water that has all the nutrients.
- Half sliced lemon
- ¼ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of boiling water
- Take out the lemon juice by squeezing it with a reamer. If you find yourself without a proper tool you can use your fingers.
- Take a glass and mix both normal and boiling water.
- Mix it with the lemon juice squeezed above and give it a good stir
- Don’t overdo any other ingredients.
- Give it a good mix and finish it while it’s warm. It would be a little harsh at first. You can add a few drops of honey if you want.
Lemon water is totally safe to drink but there can be a few Side Effects that you should know.
- Use a straw. Lemon has a huge amount of citric acid which can erode tooth enamel. This can ruin your teeth. To save your beautiful set of teeth from erosion consider using a straw and raising up your mouth when you are done.
- Lemon water provides relief against heartburn there have been some cases in which lemon water has proven to aggravate it. If you think this is the case did you try laying off lemon water.
- Lemon water increases the production of urine. It will make you go to the bathroom frequently. Though it hasn’t been proven by researchers because of lack of evidence. The increased water intake is most likely to be the reason for frequent urination.
Vitamin C is very important for your body and lemons are the hub of it. drinking one glass of lemon water made by the recipe presented above every night it can prove to be very healthy for your body. You will have a safe guard against many diseases and also lose a little excess weight on the way. Constructing a habit of drinking lemon water daily can be difficult in the beginning. You can start with alternative days and if it is still difficult, try adding some honey to it. It has proven to improve the taste a lot and it has its own health benefits.
Do let us know how you like the lemon water and if it proved to be beneficial.