Memory foam is very well known for its pressure-relieving, pain-reducing abilities and is regarded as one of the most comfortable mattress you can buy.
However, unlike other traditional mattresses, cleaning memory foam mattress can be tricky because they’ are very large sponges.
But if you’ve spilled on or stained your mattress or it has become quite dusty, there are several things you can do to clean a memory foam mattress.
Things that you can do to clean a memory foam mattress are as follows
- Carefully remove and wash the cover: Slowly remove the cover of the mattress and then wash it properly so remove any type of dust.
- Freshening it up: After washing the cover then, lightly sprinkle some borax or baking powder on your topper or pillow. Leave it for around 30-45 minutes, so that it will give the product a bright and fresh smell.
- Vacuum: Remove the borax or baking powder with the use of vacuum cleaner. So that it will also clean other items off of your memory foam topper or mattress, such as dust.
- Spot and remove the stains: If you are having any stain on the mattress, use a wet wash cloth with warm water and a little bit of dishwashing liquid.
Then Rub the stain in a circular motion using a fresh damp wash cloth to press against the area to help dry and remove the liquid out of the foam.
- Soak up all the moisture: Next, place and press a dry towel over the dampened area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Dry your mattress: in last, dry your memory foam using air dry it and then use an electric fan or place it in a well-ventilated area.
For Deep Cleaning of your Memory Foam mattress
- Proper ventilation: Place the memory foam mattress in a well-ventilated area. This will help you dry its foam and also keep the moisture from getting trapped and avoiding any type of dust, mold and allergens.
- Steam cleaning: Use a steam cleaner to extract any type of deep stains.
- Remove odors: For boosting freshness of the mattress, add a small quantity around one tablespoon of vinegar and lemon to neutralize any bad odors. Then, Steam the memory foam mattress from top to bottom.
- Dry the mattress: In last, leave the mattress in a well-ventilated area for 30-60 minutes so that it gets dries completely.
How Often Should You Clean Your Mattress
Assuming you wash your sheets regularly and can avoid spills, you can likely get away with a deep cleaning of your mattress every 6 to 7 months.
But of course, feel free to clean it more frequently as it will help you sleep better.
Be sure to give your mattress a deep clean once every single year, if you have pets or small children.
Cleaning a mattress regularly can provide both short-term and long-term benefits.
As on a clean bed and mattress, you’ll able to rest easily knowing that you’re free from any of the mattress stains, allergens, dust, bed bugs etc.
With the right mattress care, you can help protect your investment and have sweet dreams also sets well into the future.